One of the absolute worst things that can happen to your smartphone is it getting wet. From a spilled drink to an accidental fall in the pool, your phone is vulnerable to damage. Now that the summer season is nearly upon us, you need to know exactly how to keep your phone from getting ruined when it gets wet. That’s why we have searched far and wide to find the best tips for keeping your phone dry — plus the best waterproof phone cases, phones, and accessories. If you are worried about how to keep your phone from falling in water, take a look at our DIY phone waterproofing tips. If you are willing to spend a little more on a waterproof case or accessory, you’ll find the best options below. And, if you are serious about waterproofing your phone, check out the nanotechnology tools we have found for consumers and manufacturers.
We have included waterproofing information from all around the web, so you’re sure to find just the right trick for protecting your phone. Whether you have an iPhone or an Android phone, there are steps you should take to protect it while you are enjoying fun in a kayak, at the pool, or on the sand at the beach. Please note, while we have listed our waterproofing tips and products here in no particular order, we have included a Table of Contents to make it easier for you to find the exact waterproofing information you need.
- Tips for Waterproofing Your Phone
- Best Waterproof Phones
- Accessories for Waterproofing Your Phone
- Best Waterproof Phone Cases
- Tools for Waterproofing Your Phone
DealNews shares the latest and hottest deals on gadgets, computers, electronics, and more, all from reputable merchants. In this test for waterproof phone cases and accessories, DealNews’ marketing communications manager Jeff Somogyi tests a generic waterproof pouch, a Dry-Pak waterproof pouch, an OtterBox phone case, and a Ziploc bag by submerging phones in these products for 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 60 minutes, and then overnight.
Three key tips we like from Video Review: Is a Ziploc Bag as Good as a Waterproof Case for Your Gadget?:
- A Ziploc bag is a safe waterproof bag after 10, 30, and 60 minutes
- Nearly any waterproof bag will protect a smartphone from spills and splashes
- If you plan to drop your phone in water overnight, do not trust a Ziploc bag or a generic bag
A resource for geeks, by geeks, How-To Geek provides several recommendations for waterproofing a smartphone. Here, they suggest two approaches to increase a phone’s resistance to water: water-resistant cases and temporary protection with a dry bag. As How-To Geek contends, “there’s really no such thing as waterproof when it comes to protecting your personal electronics. Every method of protecting a device from water will, if dunked into water deep and/or hard enough, eventually fails.” They raise a good point and remind us that there is a difference between protecting a phone from a quick spill and protecting a phone while swimming in the ocean.
Three key tips we like from Ask HTG: What’s the Best Way to Waterproof My Phone?:
- Consider purchasing a rugged water-resistant case for full-time use on a phone if you want to have continuous protection for your phone and use it in a wet environment as you would with a regular phone case
- Consider the Ingress Protection (IP rating) of the case when making your purchase, because it specifies the degree to which the case resists physical ingress, from items such as grains of sand, and resists liquid ingress: look for at least an IP68 rating
- If you want to keep your phone dry while boating, rafting, or kayaking, a dry bag is a much more affordable option: look for at least an IPX8 rating
Yachting World’s Toby Hodges introduces the option of choosing waterproof coatings based on nanotechnology to protect our phones from water damage in this phone waterproofing article. It is possible that nanotechnology is the long-awaited answer to protecting our phones and prolonging their lives.
Three key tips we like from Waterproof Your Mobile: We Test New Coatings Based on Nanotechnology:
- Determine which nanotechnology coating best suits your needs, based on its features
- Look for a nanotechnology coating that promises to protect your phone without any cloudiness
- Be sure to follow all instructions and consider watching the how-to videos to ensure proper application of the nanotechnology coating
OSXDaily delivers news, tips, tricks, guides, and more for iPhone and Apple products. In this article, OSXDaily reminds us that using an airtight zip-style bag is an inexpensive way to waterproof an iPhone. It also allows the use of the touchscreen.
Three key tips we like from Waterproof an iPhone on a Budget with a Zip Lock Bag:
- Get as much air out of the bag as possible to make it airtight
- Seal the bag completely
- Be delicate with the phone while it is in the bag to keep it sealed
In this video on making a waterproof case for your cell phone out of a plastic bag, LittleThings.com DIY expert Jill Urban shows us her trick for making this inexpensive waterproof case come together. You can use the plastic bag to protect your phone while at the beach or at the swimming pool.
Three key tips we like from With Just a Simple Plastic Bag, You Can Create an Accessory to Save Your Phone:
- Press the bag a couple of times to get out all of the air
- Push the phone into one of the closed corners of the bag to make a snug fit
- Zip the bag closed partway and press it before closing it completely to help ensure an airtight seal
Trade Supply is a leader in cellphone parts and solutions that delivers tech news like this tutorial for making a cellphone waterproof bag. They suggest a few extra tips for making a waterproof bag for a phone out of two Ziploc bags.
Three key tips we like from 5 Steps to DIY Make a Cellphone Waterproof Bag:
- Test the seals of the bags you intend to use by filling the with water, sealing them, and checking for leaks
- Once the bags are completely dry, put your phone inside one, press out all of the air, and seal it
- Put the first bag with the phone inside of it into the second bag, so that the zippers are at opposite ends; this provides double protection for your phone
If you are going to be boating or kayaking this summer, a floating, waterproof cellphone case is a must. This DIY video from Boating Magazine is sure to help you protect your phone in a less expensive way than if you were to purchase one.
Three key tips we like from How to Make a Floating, Waterproof Cell Phone Case:
- Make sure you have a heavy-duty, zipper seal freezer bag on hand
- Insert a tennis ball to make the bag float
- Consider blowing into the bag or adding another bag if you need it to be more buoyant
HowToLou.com features Lou showing viewers how to build, fix, and have fun. In this video tutorial for making a waterproof phone, Lou demonstrates an easy fix for making the bag airtight before completely sealing it.
Three key tips we like from How to Waterproof a Phone:
- Put the phone in a plastic, zip-top bag that is close in size to the phone itself
- Place a drinking straw in the bag beside the phone and seal the bag up to the straw
- Suck the air out of the bag through the straw and quickly seal the bag while pulling the straw out of the bag
Richard Frye is a paddle duck racer who understands the need to waterproof his phone. His DIY solution is to place your keys and cell phone into an empty Miracle Whip or peanut butter jar and connect it to your boat so that your valuables stay safe and dry while you enjoy the water.
Three key tips we like from DIY Waterproof Cell Phone Case:
- Place heavy keys in the jar so that it floats upright
- Select a jar with a visible lid color, such as red
- Seal the jar lid with electrical tape for added waterproofing
This Lifehacker article by David Galloway reminds us that one quick option when in a pinch for protecting your phone is to wrap it in cling wrap. While it won’t waterproof your phone as well as other DIY options, cling wrap can help your phone stand up to a quick splash or sprinkle until you can secure a plastic bag.
Three key tips we like from Wrap Your Phone in Cling wrap to Keep Sand Out When at the Beach:
- Apply the cling wrap first to the touch screen and then wrap it around the back of the phone
- Be sure to cover all ports with the cling wrap
- Don’ leave your phone wrapped in cling wrap all day or it could overheat
Marie Claire has been helping readers improve their lives one step at a time for years. And Aubrey Nagle’s article on summer-proofing your phone helps us enjoy our summer without ruining our phones. While not all of Nagle’s tips are strictly about waterproofing your phone, they are certainly helpful for protecting it all summer long.
Three key tips we like from How to Summer-Proof Your Phone:
- Choose a waterproof case over a water-resistant case
- Choose a zippered bag like a slider sandwich bag to waterproof your phone if you don’t want to purchase an expensive case
- Put your phone in a bag even if you aren’t swimming, to protect it from accidental spills or wet hands
Ghostek offers phone cases and accessories that are “built for a very specific clientele.” Ghostek realizes that people need to use their phones and cannot let rain or a little water slow them down. That’s why they offer a variety of tips for waterproofing your phone, even if you don’t use one of their cases.
Three key tips we like from How to Waterproof Your Cellphone:
- Opt for nano coating, but understand that it may only provide water resistance and does not offer protection at great depths
- Pouches and dry bags are a good option, but keep in mind that you cannot use all of the functions of your phone when it is in a pouch or dry bag
- Consider a waterproof case that does not hinder the use of phone functions and that fits the phone well while also protecting it from shocks, impacts, scratches, and more
13. Best Waterproof Smartphones 2016
GottaBeMobile delivers mobile technology news and reviews. GBM writer Josh Smith points out that there are smartphones that claim to be waterproof and offers his tips for choosing the best one.
Three key tips we like from Best Waterproof Smartphones 2016:
- Choose a waterproof smartphone with the right amount of protection
- Be informed of the specifications of phones that are labeled as being water resistant, because they are not as tough against water as their waterproof counterparts
- Understand that, while the iPhone 6s does have a seal to hold up to water better than the iPhone 6, it is not waterproof
14. Best Waterproof Phones
WhistleOut is a top site for comparing cell phones, with news, guides, and reviews. In this WhistleOut article, Alex Angove explains that durable, water-resistant and waterproof phones are available more now than ever before. Angove offers tips for choosing the best waterproof phone for your needs.
Three key tips we like from Best Waterproof Phones:
- Protected devices are rated by their IP rating, and the first number refers to dust protection while the second refers to water resistance
- The maximum standard water protection is 8
- IP5 is protected from jets of water, IP6 is protected from more powerful water jets, IP7 can be submerged in water up to 1-meter deep for a short period of time, and IP8 can be taken in deeper water for periods of up to 30 minutes
In this Lifehacker article for waterproofing your phone, Adam Dachis shares some unconventional tips for DIY waterproofing. Dachis’ tips especially help people who find themselves near water or in rain with their phone and who may be able to use items in their vehicles, wallets, or purses to waterproof their phones.
Three key tips we like from Two Simple but Effective Tricks to Waterproof Your Gear:
- Use a clear, un-lubricated condom (or two) to house the phone, but be gentle so as not to tear it
- Put the phone in a thermos or wide-mouthed water bottle and tighten the cap
- Coat your battery with urethane waterproof coating
In.com is a destination for the latest news, entertainment, videos, and more for tech and internet lovers. In this article on protecting your smartphone for the summer holidays, In.com suggests 13 simple ways smartphone owners can waterproof and protect their phones.
Three key tips we like from Tips and Tricks: 13 Simple Ways to Protect Your Smartphone this Holi:
- Wrap your phone in cling wrap and then place it in a Ziploc bag
- Use a balloon as a rubber skin case for your phone; inflate the balloon and place your phone screen-down on it and the balloon will wrap the phone once the air is released
- Seal your ports with tape
This ETrade Supply article on waterproofing your phone offers some smart tips for protecting your phone when you venture to the beach this summer. Water isn’t the only thing that can harm your phone, but some waterproofing tips promise to protect your phone from more than water.
Three key tips we like from How to Protect Your Cellphone on the Beach this Summer:
- If you don’t plan to use your phone much at the beach, consider a waterproof bag that will keep it safe for far less money than a waterproof case
- Get a top-name brand case that is waterproof, dirt proof, and shock proof to protect from nearly anything that can happen at the beach
- Be sure to wipe your hands before touching your cell phone while enjoying the surf and sun
Apartment Therapy offers readers a wealth of resources and ideas for creating a happy home and good life. Their tips extend to waterproofing your phone and include some commonsense tips that you should not overlook.
Three key tips we like from Heading to the Beach? Don’t Forget to Protect Your Tech!:
- Keep Ziploc bags in your vehicle or with your beach gear so that you can protect your phone even if you forget to change into your waterproof case
- Cover your ports, including your headphone jack, with painter’s tape or electrical tape before you head to the beach
- Wipe your hands before you touch the plastic bag encasing your phone, to keep the bag as dry as possible
Consumerist is an independent source for news and information that seeks to help consumers “understand, engage with, and discuss the systems and forces that influence the marketplace, so that we, as consumers, can all make better, more informed decisions.” Their tips for waterproofing your phone were inspired by a Consumer Reports test of specialty waterproof bags versus a Hefty Slider bag.
Three key tips we like from Don’t Have a Special Case to Protect Your Electronics on the Beach? A Plastic Bag Will Do:
- Consider the research before spending a great deal of money for expensive waterproof cases or bags
- Determine how much you are going to be in the water and then decide which waterproof bag option is best for your plans
- Whichever bag you choose, be sure to get as much air out of it as possible when you place your phone inside and wipe off water from the outside of the bag before taking out your phone
Samsung’s new Galaxy S7/S7 edge solves some of your waterproof phone needs because it has a certified water-resistant rating. If the phone itself can resist water, you’re already ahead of the game.
- Repels spills and splashes
- IP68 rating
- Survives up to 30 minutes in up to 5 feet of water
Sony’s Xperia M2 Aqua is a waterproof phone that allows users to take photos in any weather. The phone features precision-crafted details and innovative sealed casing to help it withstand a run-in with rain or a fall into water.
- IP65-IP68 rating
- When all ports and covers are firmly closed, the Xperia M2 Aqua is protected against low pressure jets of water in compliance with IP65
- May be kept under 1.5 meters of fresh water for up to 30 minutes in compliance with IP68
- Take photos underwater
Smartskin is billed as “condoms for smartphones and tablets.” These accessories help to waterproof smartphones when users pull the double-layered thermoplastic polyurethane skin over the phone and seal on the backside.
- Retains touchscreen and call functionality
- Preserves image clarity
- Each seal tape can be used 3 times
- When applied correctly, the Smartskin and seal tape ensure water, sand, and dirt protection
- 3 Smartskins and 3 Sealing Tapes for Smartphones: $14.99
- 3 Smartskins and 3 Sealing Tapes for Tablets: $24.99
- 3 Smartskins and 3 Sealing Tapes for Mini Tablets: $19.99
DiCAPac offers flexible waterproof cases for smartphones so that users are able to take photos or videos underwater, at the beach, or while skiing. Enjoy all of your outdoor activities while having the peace of mind that your phone is waterproof and protected with DiCAPac for Smartphones.
- Waterproof underwater housing for up to 33 feet
- IPX8 rating
- Touch, talk, and listen without worrying when it rains, you are swimming, or you are vacationing at the beach
- Get clear photos via the polycarbonate surface of the case
If you are going to be canoeing, kayaking, boating, or fishing, it’s a good idea to waterproof your phone with a floating accessory like the Eddie Bauer Travelon Large Waterproof Phone Pouch. This waterproof smartphone accessory is large enough to fit new, larger phones.
- Foam insert allows pouch to float on water
- Removable carry strap
- Soft outer surface so users can control their phone without removing it from the case
- 6.75″L x 4.5″W x .75″D
The Dri-Dock Large Smartphone Waterproof Pouch from Dry-Tech Solutions allows users to have more fun in the water because you know that your phone is fully protected while maintaining full functionality. Designed for large smartphones, this waterproof phone accessory is perfect for the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus and Samsung’s Note.
- Patented, easy-to-use “Triple Ziploc Roll Seal”
- IPX8 rating for a depth of 30 feet
- Clear panel for taking photos or videos
- Strong adjustable neck/wrist lanyard
- Floats safely if dropped in water
OverBoard is a leading manufacturer of waterproof accessories including backpacks, duffel bags, and technology cases. Their waterproof iPhone case affords users full use of your iPhone while protecting it from water, sand, dirt, and dust. The OverBoard Waterproof iPhone Case combines the 100% waterproof Slide Seal System with a transparent front and LENZFLEX back, enabling users to browse, talk, and take photos while your iPhone remains safe from water.
- 100% waterproof iPhone case (class 5)
- Compatible with all iPhones
- Submersible to 19 feet
- Make and take calls when phone is sealed in the case
- Includes 1 phone case, 1 carabiner, 1 neck lanyard, 1 moisture-sensitive desiccant sachet, and 1 care guide
Epic Kayaks offers authentic, original products designed by world champions. This South Carolina company offers the Epic Kayaks Waterproof Cell Phone Case so that you can enjoy your time on the water without having to worry about your phone falling in and getting ruined.
- Automatic, self-sealing closure
- Waterproof to 100 feet
- Phones can be operated while in the case
- Magnetic clasp does not interfere with phone, credit cards, etc.
- HV Yellow: $29.95
- HV Yellow Large: $34.95
Sea To Summit, a worldwide manufacturer of high-quality outdoor, backpacking, and travel products and accessories, is based in Boulder, Colorado. Their TPU Guide Waterproof Phone Case is a slim, yet rugged solution for protecting your phone against water and other potentially harmful conditions.
- RF welded thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) and Ziploc triple roll velcro closure for a watertight result
- Flexible, durable, strong, and UV and extreme cold resistant
- Fits iPhone 6 and 6s without a bumper
- Low profile design
- Meets IPX8 standards of being waterproof at 10 meters for 1 hour
Cost: *Approx. $29.95
LOKSAK bags are resealable, element-proof storage solutions that provide 100% protection from water, dirt, sand, and snow. The aLOKSAK Phone Caddy with Lanyard prevents your phone from water damage so you can enjoy the beach, pool, or rain while knowing that your phone is protected with this waterproof accessory.
- Made of a durable polyethylene blended film
- 100% watertight and airtight
- Can be opened and resealed numerous times
- Large enough to accommodate an iPhone 6 Plus or Samsung Glaxy Note without a case
- Waterproof to 200 feet
Witz Sportcases are durable, waterproof cases for your iPhone or Android phone. Anyone who enjoys the outdoors but wants to protect their phone can benefit from the Witz Smart Phone Locker II, which offers security and waterproof protection for phones as large as the iPhone 6.
- Padded on the top and bottom
- Black and white options are lined with felt to protect from dings and scratches
- Made of crush-resistant ABS plastic
- Includes a carabiner
31. Freegrace Ultimate Universal Waterproof iPhone Case
The Freegrace Ultimate Universal Waterproof iPhone Case is compatible with all smartphone models. This waterproof accessory features a new top lock system to ensure that your phone remains dry whether you are in water, rain, or snow. Available for purchase on Amazon.
- Fits smart phones up to 7.0″ diagonal size, including iPhone 6 Plus, Samsung Note, etc.
- Waterproof up to 60 feet underwater for 1 hour
- Use your phone when it is in the case with the full screen touch capabilities and clear windows on both sides
Cost: *Approx. $7.99
32. DryCase Smartphone Case
DryCase is a vacuum-sealed waterproof case that protects your iPhone or Android phone from water. Based out of Wilmington, North Carolina, DryCase offers the DryCase Smartphone Case to waterproof your phone even if you are surfing, paddle boarding, or canoeing.
- Waterproof vacuum seal
- Clear for taking photos
- Continue using your touchscreen to text or make calls
- Includes a small hand pump, neoprene armband, and lanyard
- Tested to 100 feet for 1 hour
LifeProof gives smartphone owners peace of mind when they hit the waves, the slopes, or the trails. In fact, LifeProof was named the #1 selling waterproof case by the NPD Group/Retail Tracking Service. The LifeProof FRE Waterproof iPhone 6/6s Case includes a one-year warranty.
- Submersible to 6.6 feet for 1 hour
- Closed to snow and ice
- Sealed from dirt and dust
- Survives drops from 6.6 feet
- Built-in screen cover
- Compact design
- Full-featured function with every port, control, and feature remaining in play
With a waterproof case from Lifedge, iPhone users are able to go on any adventure while knowing that their phone is protected from harm. The Waterproof Case for iPhone 5, 5s, and SE offers 100% waterproof protection.
- 100% waterproof, shockproof, and corrosion resistant
- Access every button and feature of your iPhone
- IP68 rating – waterproof to 2 meters
- Includes a waterproof headphone connector with a cap tethered to the case so it won’t get lost
- Hydrophobic protective screen sits flat against phone for shatterproof, full touchscreen protection protection
Aquapac, “the world’s favorite brand of waterproof bags and cases,” offers the TrailProof Phone Case. Waterproof your phone with this lightweight, robust case from Aquapac and don’t worry about your phone falling into water and getting ruined.
- 100% waterproof phone case
- Slim and lightweight, yet robust and waterproof with a simple ziplock closure
- Fits all phones, including the iPhone 6 Plus
- Supplied with a carabiner to easily attach to a backpack or belt
- IPX7 rating
Griffin Technology delivers iPhone essentials, like the Survivor Summit water-resistant iPhone case. This rugged case protects your phone from drops, rain, dirt, mud, snow, and splashes. The Survivor Summit case is available in two sizes to fit the iPhone 6/6s or the iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus.
- Sealed shell is designed to stop rain, dirt, mud, snow, and splashes from damaging your phone
- Covers all controls
- Speaker/mic membranes and headphone ports are water-resistant
- Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s: $49.99
- Survivor Summit for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus: $59.99
Pelican Products is a global leader in designing and manufacturing high-performance protective cases and advanced portable lighting systems. Pelican has been protecting our armed forces, emergency, and scientific equipment in the harshest environments for more than 35 years, and now Pelican cases are available for consumers’ smartphones, tablets, and more. Indeed, the Pelican Marine C02040 case protects the iPhone 6 and 6s from water, snow, dirt, and dust.
- Slim design with soft-touch over-mold for easy grip
- IP68 rating means protection for complete and continuous submersion underwater
- Shield your iPhone from water and snow
- Slim five-layer shell protects phone and screen from scratches, impacts, and drops
Cost: *Approx. $79.99
Dog & Bone is at the front of mobile protection innovation. Their Wetsuit Impact Waterproof/Rugged Case makes your iPhone 6/6s Plus a waterproof phone that can handle dirt, water, snow, and shocks.
- Slimmest waterproof and drop proof case available with glass impact screen protection
- IP68 rating so you can take your phone to the pool or beach or even fishing
- Each case is individually pressure tested to 6.6 feet so you can enjoy being in and around water with your phone
- Fully sealed from snow and ice
Catalyst Case is “a lifestyle brand founded by adventure enthusiasts for enthusiasts” that creates waterproof iOS accessories and cases. Feel free to explore your world with a Catalyst Case for your iPhone 6.
- Fully functional case
- Waterproof to 16.4 feet
- Made of premium, quality materials including impact-resistant polycarbonate, a soft-touch rubber bumper, silicone seals, and air and watertight acoustic membranes
- Slimmest waterproof case that maintains the curves of the iPhone
- Clear housing so you can see the front and back of your phone
Hitcase offers the best lenses, mounting, and protection for your iPhone. Their waterproof PRO case for iPhone 6/6s provides protection while allowing users to take photos and videos even in the wettest environments.
- Waterproof, shockproof, and mountable case
- Waterproof up to 33 feet
- Interchangeable performance lenses and versatile mounts are available
- Includes a TrueLUX win angle lens
- Available for iPhone 6/6s, SE, 6, 6s, and 5c
41. Optrix 6 Body Glove
The Optrix 6 Body Glove is a waterproof, rugged iPhone case with interchangeable glass lenses for high-quality photography and video even in and around water. Enjoy and capture your adventure with the peace of mind that comes from the waterproof Optrix 6 Body glove.
- Transforms the iPhone 6/6s into a rugged, waterproof adventure camera
- Mountable case
- Unique interchangeable lens system
- Includes an Optrix case, 2 interchangeable lenses, and protective lens bag, with additional mounts and lenses sold separately
LifeBox cases are designed to protect your phone. The LifeBox iPhone 6 Rugged Waterproof Protection Case delivers protection for your iPhone 6, no matter where you go. Enjoy taking your phone swimming, surfing, snorkeling, or anywhere else with water knowing that yet is protected in up to 6.6 feet of water.
- Waterproof security up to 6.6 feet underwater for 1 hour
- Protects from dust, dirt, water, snow, and rain
- All microphone and speaker vents are waterproof and provide clear voice clarity
- Works with iPhone 6’s Touch ID
- Slim, tough, rugged design that withstands 6.6-foot drops and shocks
The Merit Waterproof Case protects your phone from water while giving you complete access to all of its key functions, including volume, charging, headphone jack, Fingerprint ID, mute, and power. This waterproof case for your phone also includes a kickstand on the back for hands-free horizontal viewing.
- IP68 rating
- Submersible to over 6.6 feet
- Fully sealed
- Front cover with built-in screen protector with crystal clarity
- Back cover with soft interior fabric to prevent scratches and absorb shocks
Cost: Contact for a quote
Seidio delivers “a case of better design.” The Seidio Obex is designed to deliver waterproof protection for your smartphone. Enjoy using your phone in the water and dirt with the Seidio Obex waterproof case.
- IP68 rating for continuous submersion
- Waterproof membranes shield the microphones and speakers while maintaining sound quality
- Exceeds the MIL-STD-810F for drops of up to 6 feet
- Waterproof and dustproof seals meet or exceed industry standards
- Slim protection with rugged protection
- iPhone 6/6s Plus Obex: $79.95
- iPhone 6/6s Obex: $69.96
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Obex: $69.95
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Obex: $6996
Incipio has been protecting and powering devices with award-winning technology and designs for quite some time. Now, the Incipio Atlas ID Ultra Rugged Waterproof Case is available for iPhone 5/5s with five layers of defense against water, shock, dirt, and dust.
- Compatible with Touch ID
- Scratch-resistant tempered glass screen
- Water-resistant seal offers protection in up to 2 meters of water for 30 minutes
- Shock-absorbent inner core
- Thin, lightweight protection
- Acoustically engineered for maximum sound quality
The Joy Factory offers “lifestyle-driven digital companion accessories that allow customers to stay active and engaged with their smart devices in their daily lives.” One such offering is the aXtion Go for iPhone 5/52. This waterproof case combines waterproofing with ruggedness in a stylish design.
- AccuTouch Technology enables users to use the Touch ID fingerprint sensor without losing waterproof protection
- Rated IP65, so it can handle spills and a quick dip in water while staying protected
- Enhanced structural protection at the corners
- Sandwich Quad Layer Protection includes the first hard layer, an inner rubberized layer, a second hard layer, and Diamond Air Cushion
Liquipel Watersafe nano-coating is one tool for waterproofing your phone. With various options for protection, Liquipel is a specialized patented process that applies a liquid repellent substance to your phone creating a Watersafe barrier at the molecular level.
- Applies a nano-coating to protect your entire device
- Does not affect look, fell, or performance of the device
- Permanently bonds to the treated device to last for its lifetime
- Protects smartphones from liquid damage
Nanostate offers the Flash Flood DIY waterproofing kit for smartphones and tablets. Using the latest military-grade nanotechnology repellent, Nanostate Flash Flood is a waterproofing tool for your phone that gives you the power to protect your device from water damage.
- Protects your phone from liquid damage, rain, humidity, splashes, spills, and more
- A DIY solution for you to treat your phone in the convenience of your own home
- Invisible coating
- Lasts for 6-12 months, depending on usage
Impervious is a tool that provides liquid protection for smartphones. This simple, DIY exterior spray “makes your smart device superhydrophobic.” Impervious is a nanotechnology spray that protects phones against liquid spills, splashes, and rain.
- Protects iPhones, Samsung Galaxy phones, and all Android smartphones
- Only requires 24 hours for full moisture shield to be in effect
- Also available for protecting tablets against water damage
- iPhone or Android Smartphone Kit: $29.99
- iPad Kit: $49.99
Billed as “the world standard in liquid protection solutions,” HZO is a technology tool that makes electronics waterproof and resistant to corrosion. HZO protects electronics from accidental splashes, sweat, humidity, industrial liquids, and full submersion. While HZO is not yet available to consumers for personal use, it is being used in high-volume manufacturing solutions for consumer electronics and smartphones. HZO is a powerful waterproofing tool that we did not want to overlook when considering how to waterproof phones.
- Provides liquid submersion protection and corrosion prevention for consumer electronics, wearable technology, and more
- Advanced water protection that manufacturers can apply before sending smartphones to market for consumers
- Can protect electronics of all sizes and levels of complexity, to make electronics last longer and able to go anywhere
Cost: Not available to consumers at this time