• More storage. 32GB for the base model, along with 128GB and 256GB options.
• Updated home button. The Force Touch home button works directly with the Taptic Engine underneath. This means that you get precise and customizable tactile feedback with each push of your Home button.
• No more headphone jack. Instead, Apple will be releasing AirPod headphones in late October. These headphones are wireless and auto-connect to your device when you place them in your ears.
• More sophisticated zoom and focus. Both the camera’s wide-angle and telephoto options will have 12-megapixel sensors. This means you’ll be able to zoom in with more precision and auto-focus a photo after it’s been taken.
• Added flash options. Four LED’s installed in the camera will offer more options for dark-lit environments. Of the four LED’s, there will be two warm, and two cool options.
• Ambient light technology. Wider color range, similar to the True Tone technology found in the iPad Pro. This technology allows you to match your display screen temperature to ambient light.
• Faster, longer lasting. The new A10 Fusion chip battery allows the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus to work at twice the speed of the iPhone 6. On top of this, the battery will now last up to two hours longer on a iPhone 7 and four hours longer on the iPhone 7 Plus.
• Surround sound. The earpiece receiver switches to a speaker when in the landscape position, so you’ll hear things in stereo.
• Better water resistance. The new iPhone 7 and 7 Plus is set to include IPX7 water resistance, which is what the current Apple iWatch boasts.
• More color choices. Now offering five color options in the Apple iPhone 7, including; the much-loved rose gold, gold, and silver choices, along with an updated black, and new jet black finishes.
Apple appears to be concentrating on improving the iPhone’s camera, memory capacity, and sound system specifically. Those areas tend to get the most use throughout the life of a smartphone, so the stronger the technology within the structure, the better.
Pre-orders begin on September 9th. If you want to pre-order the iPhone 7, be sure to sign up online or call the TCC Customer Care Center at 1 844 822 7625.
The iPhone 7 launches in every TCC store on September 16th.
Stop by your neighborhood TCC, Verizon Authorized Retailer. We’ll assist you in picking out your favorite color, memory size, and getting all your information switched over to your new iPhone.